A recent publication from EMCC members can be found below.
EMCC Draft Roadmap for stakeholder comments
The EMCC Roadmap for Materials Characterisation was drawn up by contributors from the Organisational Management Board (OMB); this board includes leaders from the different EMCC Working Groups and high-level experts from the European characterisation community. This Roadmap emphasises the urgency of pushing forward materials characterisation to boost the competitiveness and growth of European industry. It builds on a three-year long consultation process involving different stakeholders participating within the EMCC. The Roadmap identifies gaps in the progress towards advancing materials characterisation and proposes actions to eliminate them. The stakeholders involved in the redactions of this Roadmap represent the whole spectrum of the Materials Characterisation Community in Europe, including:
- Industrial end-users;
- Equipment manufacturers (large companies and SMEs);
- Research institutions and technology organisations (RTO);
- Higher Education Institutes (HEIs).
This Roadmap is arranged in six main sections:
- Introduction and Background,
- Vision for Materials Characterisation in the context of industrial and societal challenges in Europe,
- Current Status,
- High Level Goals and Challenges,
- Strategic Research Agenda and Implementation Plan,
- A summary of the structure and work of the European Materials Characterisation Council (EMCC)